Hello my lovely friends! Happy to have you here and today I want to share a card I made for my husband’ godmother. Let’s go!
- So you would think that you would emboss the image first, but I actually painted the colored background first haha, I don’t know why I worked backwards. So I used my Gansai Tambi water colors and painted on a 4.25×5.5inch Canson water color card stock.
- When my water colored panel was dry, I stamped the famous flower image from Simon Says Stamps with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Ranger Copper embossing powder. Glued my panel on my card base and set it aside.
- Die cut my frame 4 times using My Favorite Things stitched rectangle scallop edge frame die and stacked it up for dimension. I then adhered my scallop frame on my water colored panel.
- Using Simon Says Stamp big happy wafer die, I die cut it from a foiled polka dot patter paper and set it aside.
- For the outline of the Happy, I wanted it to have the same color as my embossed image. So I die cut the outline first and glued it on a piece of think card stock. Stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with the same copper embossing powder.
- Carefully removing my embossed outline, I adhered the Happy on it and then on my card panel.
- Finished it off with stamping Happy birthday on a strip of card stock and adhered it under my Happy die cut.
That’s it for today’s blog! Thank you so much for passing by and have a great day!
3 Replies to “Happy Happy Birthday!”
Such a pretty card Flo! Love how watercolored background works so well with the flowers.
Beautiful card Flo! What a wonderful design and your watercoloring is very pretty! The beautiful florals on the envelope too give your card an extra special touch of love!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks a million Trisha! I shouldn’t have colored the rose on the envelope with coloring pencils lol, it looks horrible